9:07 of the first period. The Philadelphia d

lw789
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline
เจ้าของฟาร์ม

Providing positive messages can help make football more inclusive for LGBT people, says Kick It Outs Education and Development Manager Troy Townsend. Townsend was speaking to Sky Sports News HQ at a screening of the new short film WONDERKID on Monday night.The film, directed by Rhys Chapman, depicts a rising star breaking into the professional game who expresses his talent on the pitch, but finds life difficult off it due to other peoples attitudes about his sexuality. Players need a positive environment, according to Troy Townsend Last month, Football Association chairman Greg Clarke told a Culture, Media and Sport select committee of MPs that football still needs to create a safe space free from abuse and that he felt personally ashamed that no current players had come out.Clarke told the committee he would not recommend that a footballer come out as gay at the moment, adding they would be taking a risk of vile abuse and could not yet be offered the required protection.Townsend acknowledges the intense scrutiny on footballers and says for any player who might consider coming out, the response of their team-mates, friends and family are crucial. WONDERKID is about a young player struggling with attitudes towards his sexuality Footballers crave adulation, said Townsend. They crave people shouting their name for the positive reasons... we need to make sure that the environment that they work in every single day doesnt change just because they want to tell people who they are. Take a look at the trailer for the new short film WONDERKID, which portrays the inner turmoil of a young footballer The focus is going to be incredible. No one can tell us any different. But we need to make sure the people around them, the closest people to them, are not talking or thinking negatively about them just coming out and being natural.Sophie Cook, AFC Bournemouths official club photographer, came out as transgender to her club colleagues and the Cherries squad last summer. She says their response and her ongoing experiences in football have been overwhelmingly positive. Sky Sports Geoff Shreeves meets WONDERKID director Rhys Chapman Before I came out, I was terrified that Id never work in football again because there was no history of a transgender person working in football, said Cook, who took part in a panel Q&A discussion on homophobia in sport after the WONDERKID screening.But when I actually came out to the players - I was introduced as Sophie to the team at a training session - they all clapped me.I was like wow guys! I wasnt expecting it. When my story broke in the press, and people really started to know about what had happened, I had fans coming up to me shaking my hand, hugging me, saying good on you, thanks for being brave and were really glad youre happy. Chris Mason plays the lead character in WONDERKID The second hearing of the Culture Media and Sport select committee inquiry into homophobia in sport takes place on Tuesday morning at Westminster, and WONDERKID director Chapman believes growing interest in his film reflects the progress being made.The more momentum we got, the more support we were able to get, said Chapman, when asked about how he secured backing for the project.And the message I am getting from within the game is that people realise this needs to change. Were getting towards the tipping point. Also See: Clarke ashamed of situation Gay players must be supported Director and star discuss WONDERKID WONDERKID: The website http://www.discoveryukshoes.com/nike-air-max-90-best-color/air-max-90-grey-and-white.html . PAUL, Minn. http://www.discoveryukshoes.com/nike-air-max-90-best-color/air-max-90-infrared.html . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . http://www.discoveryukshoes.com/nike-air-max-90-best-color/air-max-90-white-pink.html. Gauteng High Court Judge Dunstan Mlambo ruled Tuesday that South African media houses will be allowed to install three remote controlled cameras in court for the Olympic athletes trial starting next week to capture images that likely will be seen by millions around the world. http://www.discoveryukshoes.com/nike-air-max-90-best-color/air-max-90-grey-pink.html . -- Jake Peavy arrived at Bostons spring training complex on Monday with a large white bandage covering his left index finger, the result of a weekend accident. Nike Air Max 90 Sale Uk Mens . Inter moved five points behind fourth-place Fiorentina and eight points behind third-place Napoli, which visits relegation-threatened Sassuolo on Sunday.PHILADELPHIA - After nearly giving up a four-goal lead, the Philadelphia Flyers were glad to hold on for the win.Claude Giroux had two goals and an assist and the Flyers held off the Colorado Avalanche 4-3 on Saturday night for their third straight win.Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn also scored for the Flyers, and Jakub Voracek added three assists to his league-leading total to help Philadelphia win its fifth straight at home. Steve Mason stopped 36 shots to hang on for his third consecutive win.Trailing 4-0 after two periods, Colorado got goals from Maxime Talbot, Alex Tanguay and Zach Redmond in the third period.Its good to get a win, Voracek said, but thats not the way we want to play in the third.Philadelphias penalty-kill unit fended off a furious attack by Colorado, following defenceman Braydon Coburns holding penalty at 2:49 of the third period, after which Flyers coach Craig Berube called a timeout.Berube said he didnt have any inspirational words of wisdom to share with his players.In the timeout, I said, Listen, youve got to start playing. Its nothing more than that. I cant sit here and draw up a play for you guys to get out of it. Just play, Berube said. Its not even that they stopped playing. Its an attack mentality. You stop skating. Thats the biggest thing. Skate and work, no matter what the score is. It gets you out of trouble.Reto Berra stopped 23 of 27 shots as the Avalanche lost their sixth straight on the road.Philadelphia reconfigured its top line earlier this week by moving Simmonds, the right-winger with a right-handed shot, to the left side for the first time in his career. Berube said he was looking for chemistry. The result: Three goals in a span of 11 minutes, 27 seconds from the top line.The Flyers first two goals came while Colorados Nathan MacKinnon was sitting in the penalty box. MacKinnon earned a five-minute major for boarding Luke Schenn at 19:07 of the first period. The Philadelphia defenceman, who left the ice clutching his left arm, did not return.That was a dumb play by me, MacKinnon said. I was just trying to turn him to one side with both of my hands. I definitely take responsibility for the hit. I diidnt mean to hurt him.dddddddddddd Actually, I went for dinner last night with him and his brother (Brayden). I feel bad about it.A few players in Philadelphias room felt MacKinnon deserved a game misconduct.Me, too, Berube said.Avalanche coach Patrick Roys issue with the penalty was which official whistled it.I had no problem with the call, Roy said. My only problem with it was the referee was very close to the play and the linesman at the blue line made the call. I thought he was a little too far (away) to make the call.Philadelphias new-look top line capitalized on the man advantage.Giroux found the back of the net with 3 seconds to go in the first period, off assists from Simmonds and Voracek. Using a screen in front of the net by Simmonds, Giroux fired a wrist shot from inside the left circle for a 1-0 lead. It was the Philadelphia captains first goal in nine games, a streak that dated back to Oct. 18.Then it was Simmonds turn following the first intermission and, 9 minutes later, Brayden Schenn scored an even-strength goal from nearly the same spot in the crease, to pad Philadelphias lead to 3-0.Girouxs final tally, with 3:44 left in the second period, gave him his first multi-goal game of the season and handed Philadelphia a four-goal buffer.Then, Colorado found its groove on offence.Talbots unassisted score at 2:29 of the third got the Avalanche on the scoreboard. Tanguay pulled Colorado within two a little more than 4 minutes later, and Redmond capped the scoring with 8:22 remaining.The Avalanche nearly tied the score with two solid chances while on the power playYou just take it save by save and you hope we can get a clear, Mason said.We had our chances, Roy said. Obviously, our power play couldve scored a big one for us at the end.NOTES: Philadelphia announced D Shayne Gostisbehere is out indefinitely with a torn ACL in his left knee. The rookie, who sustained the injury in Thursdays win over Florida, will undergo surgery Nov. 13. Flyers general manager Ron Hextall did not offer a timetable for Gostisbeheres return. The 21-year-old played in only two games for the Flyers following his Oct. 24 promotion from the AHL. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Counter

• Visitor Count: 19,370